20100110

diamonds are a girl's best friend

I want a wedding SOOOO BADDDD.

I wish you could have weddings for other reasons. Carrie on Sex and the City had it right-- there's no equivalent celebration for someone to a wedding. Getting a new house, a birthday, graduation, having a baby-- nothing receives as much detail, money, and quantity of celebrations (bachelor/ette parties, wedding shower, rehearsal dinner, let alone the wedding and reception itself). I guess it makes sense, since in theory you get one in your life and it is considered a goal for all to reach. But it seems unfair to those who never find that someone, don't find it till much later in life, or just don't want to get married. Why is legally sharing yourself and your property the most revered occasion in our society? I guess part of the reason I'm bitter is because I want to plan a wedding, but I'm obviously not ready to get married yet. But it does seem strange when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment