20091220

no justice, no peace

I hate cops.

Ok that's a little harsh but I am in a very sour disposition towards cops. You know why? Because the bulk of their regulatory practices are purely monetary, rather than protectionary or anything else. Take, for example, a fix it ticket for expired registration. What is that about?! Don't you think that the reason it's expired is because I can't afford to pay for it? Now you're putting pressure on me to pay for something I obviously can't. And it's not like it's a traffic hazard for me to have old tags. They're enforcing a law to collect money. They're like tax collectors. When you get a speeding ticket for going 80 in a 65 when NO ONE is on the road, or when you roll through a right red light turn when NO ONE is on the road, and get a ticket.. Well that's not to protect people, that's to collect money. I got a speeding ticket by my house when I was a senior in HS, 120 dollars. The same ticket three years later in the same area going about the same speed: 330 dollars!!! Tickets violate our Constitutional protections of fair punishments for violations of the law! Anyone who was sentenced to, say, 50 years in jail for petty theft would surely appeal their case and win. Why is it then, that it is perfectly acceptable for me to get an exorbitant ticket for going 13 miles over the speed limit?!

For a group of people who were designed to protect and serve the people, it sure seems like their enforcements only do the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment